Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Colour of the Day

I had noticed that some of the hotels here have staff in company shirts (well almost every hotel and retailer has a "uniform" polo shirt of some type). But I was curious of how the coloured shirts changed daily and everyone seemed to be in the same colours, no matter what business I went into.
And so my friend at CC Blooms hotel explained that there are colours associated to the days of the week here.
Most of it rooted in supersticions, but nevertheless practiced fairly widely.

They are:
Monday - Yellow
Tuesday - Pink
Wednesday - Green
Thursday - Orange
Friday - Blue
Saturday - Purple
Sunday - Red

If you want to score some points, if you see someone wearing the correct colour on the correct day, making a compliment on their selection of colour seems to bring a beaming smile.

On a more cynical note, following the insane response to that song "Friday" by Rebeca Black, I wondered if someone could not use the list of days and colours and produce something as insipid as that song. Perhaps in Thai and English. I was thinking about something like...it's Monday I got out of bed and put on my Yellow, tomorrow will be Tuesday gotta get me a pink shirt, then comes green orange and blue.....everyone is lookin' forward to those purple and Red days, cause it'll be the weekend, weekend....la la la la.... I should talk to my friends at legend Music...

No comments:

Post a Comment